Last Sunday, I attended Laneige’s “Beauty Secrets of A Make Up Artist” with Mr. Romeo Eun, who dished out tips on how to achieve the most ‘waterful’ skin from inside out and also taught us how to create several different looks with make up. Romeo is a celebrity make up artist in Korea. The workshop was a private one, held at Raffles City Convention Centre accompanied by light snacks and drinks.
Laneige’s skincare and make up products.
We were treated to a round of cleansing, toning, and prepping our skins for the make up session. My face cleansed and pampered with Laneige’s toner, emulsion, eye creams, and mist.
I chose the ‘innocent’ look and Jie Bing, a beauty artist with Laneige, helped me create that look. I am a klutz when it comes to make up. I am not used to having lots of eye shadow or blusher on my face, but I’ve realized that make up can really perk a face up if done correctly. I love the end result! :) Especially how Koreans emphasize their eyes by tight-waterlining the inner portion of the top eyelid. That instantly defines and enlarges the eyes.
Tips regarding primer base and foundation:
1) How to choose colour for primer base.
Sensitive skin – Green
Freckles/Dark blemishes/Dark skin – Purple
Pale/Fair skin/Yellowish tone – Pink
2) Apply foundation from out to inwards the cheek area as that area contains many pores and applying foundation from inside to outwards will cause the foundation to be trapped in the pores.
Some tips to achieve Korean natural make up:
- Apply eyeliner on the top waterline only on the inner to 3/4 length of the eye. There’s no need for a wing.
- Use a light pearl eye shadow and apply it on the entire eye lid.
- Use a darker shade like light/dark brown and apply on the outer corners of the eye lid.
- Apply blusher on the cheeks.
- Choose lipstick colour according to your face shape. Round/plump face, choose brighter colours like pink or orange. For girls with skinny and defined cheekbones, choose darker colours like red or burgundy. Romeo explained that Korean girls prefer a fleshy face and a skinny face appears less glamorous, and a red or burgundy lipstick will draw attention away from the skinny face. Hahaha this so applies to me.
My outfit of the day for the event.
Thank you MadAboutJu for sending me to the event! =)